Candela's Sanity TOP 10 Favorite Drink List
Sanity AKA Quarantine Cocktails of 2020 !!
- 2 oz. Aperol
- 3 oz. prosecco (any kind really !)
- 1 oz. (or a splash, or a top off) club soda
- orange slices for garnish
- Build Aperol, prosecco, and club soda in a wine glass over ice.
- Garnish with fresh orange slices in the glass.
- Drink & Enjoy
2. The Pain Killer
- 3 oz. dark or gold rum ( Captain Morgan our fave)
- 2 1/2 oz. pineapple juice
- 1 oz. orange juice
- 1 oz. coconut cream ( Coco Lopez )
- Shake ingredients well with ice in cocktail shaker.
- Strain into a hurricane glass over fresh ice. Garnish with grated nutmeg.
3. The Paloma
This tequila cocktail is salty and sweet and more interesting than a margarita!!
- 2 oz. tequila reposado ( fave tequila Corralejo reposado )
- 1/2 oz. lime juice (get real limes believe me will make the difference! )
- pinch of salt
- grapefruit soda ( want to keep it skinny ? use La Croix grapefruit )
- Combine the tequila, lime juice, and salt in a tall glass.
- Add ice, top off with grapefruit soda, and stir.
4. Bastard French 75
Ohh La La !
Yield: 1 serving
Total Time : 0 hours 5 min
- 3/4 oz fresh lime
- 3/4 oz simple syrup
- 2 oz gin ( Hendricks is my go to! )
- Champagne as desired between 2-4 oz ( Veuve Clicquot or Moet are my absolutely favorite ) You can use prosecco as well !
- Shake lime, simple syrup and gin in a chilled cocktail shaker.
- Strain mix into your favorite glass half-full of cracked ice add champagne as desired.
- Garnish with lemon zest.
5. Piña Colada
That's right you don't need to be on vacation to have this drink.
- 2 1/2 oz. rum
- 3 oz. pineapple juice
- 1 oz. coconut cream
- Combine rum with unsweetened pineapple juice (you can sub in 3 ounces crushed or whole pineapple) and coconut cream* in a blender.
- Blend on high with a cup or so of crushed ice, or 5 to 6 ice cubes.
- Pour into a tall glass. Garnish with whatever you've got. Cherry. Pineapple. Fruit.
6. Gin & Tonic
Light ,good & refreshing !
- 3 oz. gin
- 3 lime wedges
- 4 oz. tonic water
- Add the gin to a highball glass filled with ice.
- Squeeze in lime wedges to taste.
- Then add tonic water and stir to combine.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
- Squeeze lime juice into a Moscow Mule mug.
- Add 2 or 3 ice cubes, then pour in the vodka and fill with cold ginger beer.
- Serve with a stirring rod.
Not your traditional daiquiri. But you will enjoy this one!
- 2 oz. white rum ( you can use dark rum but cut on the sugar )
- 1/2 tsp. superfine sugar ( or simple syrup )
- 1 oz and 1 teaspoon of fresh lime juice.
- Squeeze the lime into your shaker, stir in the sugar, and then add the rum.
- Shake well with cracked ice, then strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Not only for the señoritas!
- 2 oz. silver tequila or reposado
- 1 oz. Cointreau
- 1 oz. lime juice
- 1/2 tsp simple syrup or make it skinny use 1 stevia single serving.
- Splash of sparkling natural mineral water.
- coarse salt for the rim
- Chill a cocktail glass, and then rub its rim with lime juice and dip it in coarse salt.
- Add tequila, Cointreau, lime juice, and ice together in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake and then strain into the glass over ice.
10. Old Fashion
And if you have a neighbor like mine then this will be your #1 not the 10 on your list.
- 2 oz. rye or bourbon
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 sugar cube
- club soda
- orange peel
- Place the sugar cube in an Old Fashioned glass.
- Wet it down with Angostura bitters and a short splash of club soda.
- Crush the sugar with a wooden muddler, then rotate the glass so that the sugar grains and bitters give it a lining.
- Add a large ice cube. Pour in the whiskey.
- Garnish with an orange twist and or maraschino cherry.
Looking for more? Stay tuned our next blog will be about my top 10 Tapas & Bites.